Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Willie Rademeyer, Tanja Janse van Vuuren survive shooting, Willow Park Manor, Pretoria – nothing robbed

10-08-17 Virginia Keppler, Beeld Pretoria – A woman who lives in a security complex in Willow Park Manor in the east of Pretoria is in critical condition and her friend in a serious condition after attackers shot them in their home.

“I want you to send a message to those bastards.“Come and try it again. You (attacker) won’t manage it a second time,” Willie Rademeyer, 51, said about the attack on Sunday night on him and his friend, Tanja Janse van Vuuren, 45.
They are both receiving treatment in the Wilgers hospital in Pretoria. Rademeyer was hit in the chest and Janse van Vuuren was shot in the right hand, and the same bullet entered her abdomen. “She tried to stave off the attack with her hand when she was shot,” said Rademeyer.

•According to him, she was still in a critical condition on Monday afternoon in the hospital’s intensive care unit.
Rademeyer said he and Janse van Vuuren were sitting in front of the TV in their house at about 21:15 when she stood up to call her cat in from outside.“She suddenly shouted: ‘Willie!’” “I jumped up but I heard them shoot her while I was still running towards her. “One of them then came running toward me and shot me in the chest. I fell and saw him walking over to me. I thought he was going to finish me off,” Rademeyer said. He said when the shooter was about 3m away from him, he jumped up and tried to wrestle the pistol from his hand. “We wrestled and then they ran away.“I grabbed a small ashtray that was on the table outside and threw it at the shooter. They fled without taking anything.” Rademeyer says the police were at the scene within three minutes, followed by the ambulance. vkeppler@beeld.com http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Boewe-julle-kry-nie-n-2de-kans-nie-20100816

No comments:

Post a Comment