Monday, August 23, 2010

Parkinson, Joline, Pregnant woman punched and kicked by black gang N3 highway Pinetown

A pregnant woman was attacked by four men while waiting for assistance after her car broke down on the N3, near the Pavilion, on Friday.

Jolene Parkinson, 20, of Pinetown, said she had been waiting in her car for her father to assist her when four men attacked her at about midday. She is five months pregnant.

"They did not talk to me, they just got into the car and started hitting me. They kicked me, punched me in the stomach and took my cellphone, my handbag and money.

"When they saw other vehicles arriving, they screamed at each other and then ran away. About five minutes later my father arrived," she said.
Police spokesperson Vincent Mdunge said the N3 was usually busy and that incidents like this were uncommon on the road.

"Women who are alone after breaking down are easy targets. She had been on the road for one and half hours and this was probably an opportunistic act from her attackers."

Parkinson said her shoulder had been dislocated during the attack, but her unborn baby was fine.

"I don't want to let it affect me, I just want to forget about it and move on," she said.

Mdunge said women who landed up in the same situation should not hesitate to contact the police if they were alone.

"For women who are stuck anywhere, it is wise to contact the SAPS or metro police to be accompanied while waiting for breakdown services to arrive. It will not be seen as an abnormality for police to accompany motorists who break down." http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20100823054023175C954576

No comments:

Post a Comment